Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A side note...

Hello my lovelies!  I am sorry for the wait on this week's post!  In the aftermath of my trip to Chicago this weekend  -- and you know what I mean by aftermath: unpacking (which I hate), getting back to work, sleeping for the first time in 3 days, rabid enthusiasm to see my husband, general reorganization of my life, etc -- on which I went to take what will hopefully be the last medical-related test for 10 years, God-willing, I did not yet write the promised post on air plants, part 2 (yet).

What I did do was contemplate how happy I am to be an LA resident.  As great as Chicago can be, NOTHING there beats our weather (sorry, Chicago-folk, though I will say your food is pretty good).  It was a bit cold, gloomy, and windy for my tastes.  And I did not see a single flower in bloom.

In contrast, in the past week alone, when pretty much all I did was confine myself to coffee shops and study, here is some of what I saw:

A full outdoor garden with Swiss chard, rosemary, etc in front of Lyfe in Culver City:



Plant covered walls at Sugarfish in Santa Monica:

What up, air plants!




And my favorite living walls are at Kreation in Santa Monica:

No more studying!


Unfortunately, none of my photos are really that great because I tend to feel inexplicably shy about taking photos like these, but Bravo, LA/SaMo for your appreciation of greenery!  It makes this plant-lover very happy!

More on air plants next week!

Sharing time:  How are You Doing by The Living Sisters 

No comments:

Post a Comment