Monday, March 10, 2014

Tulip Saga, Part 1: The story of a tulip

If you know me and/or this blog, you know I love tulips.  Lots.  Because a picture is worth a thousand words, a pictorial for you, about a tulip.

2/5/14 - Infancy!





2/12/14



2/14/14 



2/17/14



2/20/14 



2/22/14 



2/26/14 - Fully mature!



2/28/14 - Ravaged by the storm



3/5/14 - And all good things come to an end.





It was my first tulip relationship. They only lasted a month, but it was a happy month for me!  Next week, I'll talk about what I learned and how to care for tulips, and I'll have a few more gratuitous close-ups.  

In the meantime, while we're on the theme of blooming flowers, I came across a gorgeous "documentary" on flowers on Netflix this week while "learning to relax".  It's actually a wordless, beautifully shot time-lapsed string of videos of blooming flowers of the sort you might see at a spa.  I found it mesmerizing and I LOVED it.  It's called Moving Art: Flowers (here is a shorter clip).  We have had daylight savings... Spring is nigh!  (March 20, 2014 to be exact!)  And you know what that means.... gearing up for gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment